Search the forum,

Discuss Things you wish you had not done in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tiler tom

Dave suggested I post this thread to see what response it had no laughing please.

Took some advice of my instructor and rather than go for a montolit 44 I got a 63 to tackle any large tiles from the off.

Anyway I landed a job tiling a kitchen splashback and floor. The tiles were 480 sq so thankfully I had the large cutter. Job done then he is talking about the up stairs bathroom and on suite.
The following week comes and he has got someone in to do upstairs but I can get on with the downstairs toilet walls and floor. Gets talking to the tiler and he says " thats a nice cutter any chance of giving it a go through the week" now heres me thinking keep on the right side of tis guy and he could put some work my way " sure I say's". Week later bathroom is done upstairs so I says " what did you think of the cutter" to which he replies " it was great, after all I didn't have a cutter big enough to cut the bathroom tiles".

Doh :mad2:

R

Raja

That's just... Cheap

U not feeling well must b sortest quote i have ever seen by u wise man.
Never mind will wait for the big ones very impatiently as i have personally found them to be very educating.:thumbsup:

F

Fekin

Oh dear.

It's amazing how many tilers that do domestic work don't have big enough cutters.

Learn as you earn I guess.

S

sWe

U not feeling well must b sortest quote i have ever seen by u wise man.
Never mind will wait for the big ones very impatiently as i have personally found them to be very educating.:thumbsup:

:lol: Don't be alarmed, 'twas well past bedtime mate, and I'd already written two essayesque replies during that session ;)

Reply to Things you wish you had not done in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen