Search the forum,

Discuss things in your pockets! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Ok, so you've got home from work and heading for a shower. So what do you do with all the screws, wedges, spacers, spare change, drill bits, scraps of paper etc that you've put in your pockets, before you stick your work trousers in the wash basket??

J

jolly fix

worked for a german run company for 7yrs,no matter how long a day ,how tired,how much you want to get home etc at the end of every day you would place all tools (clean) back in place,every drill bit back in box,spare screws/sockets/nuts and bolts etc back in the right size box,so still have the habit.every day any bits of paper get sorted into the file in the van,spare change into glove box tin,empty pockets for the wash..

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Simple, I don't empty my pockets coz I don't wash my jeans, wear them till the wearing is done and bin them lol

Tesco's £3 a pair, well I don't want all that grout / sticky / dust going through my machine so why do it for someone else's ?

J

jolly fix

had habit of wiping my silicone finger on a pair of my trousers did'nt get washed due to them being waterproof .

E

enduro

Simple, I don't empty my pockets coz I don't wash my jeans, wear them till the wearing is done and bin them lol

Tesco's £3 a pair, well I don't want all that grout / sticky / dust going through my machine so why do it for someone else's ?

I wash them in customers machine when the go out...

F

faithhealer

wear to destructon, then bin. here too

W

White Room

Empty pockets front and back on wash day, how many pencil sharpners that seem to hide then get washed...

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to shove my jeans in a pillow case (that was left by the washer) so anything *should* get caught in that. However I got a bit lazy trusting this once and noticed screws poking out the pillow case (not quite far enough to get caught on things) which was a wakeup call. After then I got paranoid and would check all pockets 10 times as I didn't know if i'd already checked that one.

Though all the stuff used to end up on the side and the mrs would bin most of it. Always used to end up buying 5 and 6mm drill bits as a result as I could never bloody find one in the pack in the van! Ended up with loads of 'em.

You replace one habit with another. :lol: It's true what they say.

C

Colour Republic

Not sure really :confused: the laundry fairy comes in the night and when I get my trousers back 9 times out of 10 she's taken the said screws as payment.

(NOTICE: No cash is left in these trousers overnight)

Reply to things in your pockets! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen