Search the forum,

Discuss Thefts from vans in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
With the spate of tool thefts on the up, particularly sliding side doors, I saw something on my Facebook feed that I thought may interest you guys.

One joiner has fitted carpet gripper just on the inside of the top of the door, so that when the thieving scumbags wrap their hands round and give it a good yank, their fingers should hopefully end up in shreds.

Something to think about if you're worried about your van being robbed!!!

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 23.37.34.png

T

Time's Ran Out

The thief will most likely sue for injury and win!
That's the state of the situation these days.

M

MTiler

What John said, unfortunately.
A friend of mine had broken glass on the top of a garden wall, she was told to get rid of it as she'd only get sued by the burglar for any injuries.

O

One Day

Put Stanley blades there instead of carpet gripper!
Yooman rights! If i catch someone trying to break into my van and take my means of providing for my family (honestly) then I'll exercise my right to defend my property. As a policeman once told me; it's quite amazing what injuries can be sustained by scumbags when they 'fall over'!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Put Stanley blades there instead of carpet gripper!
Yooman rights! If i catch someone trying to break into my van and take my means of providing for my family (honestly) then I'll exercise my right to defend my property. As a policeman once told me; it's quite amazing what injuries can be sustained by scumbags when they 'fall over'!

To be fair, a severe blow to the head generally does make you 'fall over'

Reply to Thefts from vans in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen