Search the forum,

Discuss Testing for continuity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

damb

Let me just say this is a great forum very helpful.

Any way I installed my heating mat last night ( MD 100/2.5) and was tiling over when I dropped a tile and landed right on the wire and damaged it. I went to the store and bought a repair kit and repaired it. Now I'm getting the correct Ohms, however when I check the continuity with my muiltimeter I only get a beep with the brown wire (load) and the ground wire(green yellow) and nothing with either the blue(neutral) and ground or brown and blue. I this correct or should there be continuity between the brown and blue.

J

jay

:welcome: you should make a circuit with the brown and blue wires from memory not sure on your brand :8:

i could be wrong

D

DHTiling

Depends on make, not all pass a bleep on continuity , as long as you get the correct reading in resistance ohms then it should be fine.

This is the reason most tilers use an SLC over the mats to protect them.

D

damb

So just measuring the ohms is ok. I think just tobe use I'm going to measure to test for continuity at the break and if I get a beep then it's my repair. If get not beep then I'll power the mat to see if it works.

It's a Elektra model MD 100/2.5 if that helps.

D

DHTiling

Ok.. if you contact Uheat direct then they will tell you the best way to go about it.. but i use there mats as well and i get a bleep continuity between the live and nuetral.

Tel: Fax: Email: 01394 384077 01394 387177 [email protected]

Reply to Testing for continuity in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen