Discuss Tax!!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

goz

TF
Reaction score
Gents, interested to know what you guys do with regards to tax. Do you chuck a couple of hundred away each month or are you more specific ie every job deduct say 18% and put in savings account? Only reason I ask is just had huge bill, not been putting enough away so a little short. Would like to know what the masses do?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I budget each month for it...the tax office usually tell you in advance how much your going to have to pay so you know how much to put by..

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't bother with it...........I've never claimed a penny so why should I give anything back......

Same as Andy really, but when I first started my accountant advised that I pay 'on account' i.e. I am a year in front, so that when I pack in all cash will have had tax paid on it, so that's mine then :)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't bother with it...........I've never claimed a penny so why should I give anything back......

Same as Andy really, but when I first started my accountant advised that I pay 'on account' i.e. I am a year in front, so that when I pack in all cash will have had tax paid on it, so that's mine then :)
And if you over pay then some years you don't pay much......which is good.

O

One Day

I'm on account too.
One year I had massive trouble getting enough together to pay on time. I called my tax office and explained and they were great. Gave me a few months extra and no fees or interest. Early communication is the key with HMRC.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
I'm just subbying now so mine is stopped auto. Then just do tax return online the 2nd week in April ( after the year end is up ) , then 5 days later the taxman puts it back in my bank account.

Diggy :0)

O

On one

I do my Tax Return in April/May,
If they owe me money I wait for the cheque to come through,
If I owe them money I wait until the 11.59pm on the 31st January to pay them,
Unfortunately,it's the latter this year..........so I will be having words with my accountant!

Last edited by a moderator:

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
tryn to put away a ton a week if poss ,,,,makes a nice pool so if something brakes etc money on hand,,cool

I

Italy

Dove in Italia sei? Ho pensato che nessuno a sud di Bologna ha pagato alcuna imposta!
thinking almost accurate ..........
Northern Italy.
Bergamo (Lombardy)
the region that pulls Italy ....
tax burden in Italy is at least more than 50% of the declared

goz

TF
Reaction score
Yesterday lads I thought I had it smashed this year, was saying to the missus, nice chilled Xmas no worries then boom!!!

Reply to Tax!!!! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay