Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss tarantulas in my loft!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no, I just found out there's a tarantulas nest in next doors loft.

Apparently the guy that used to live in this house used to bread tarantulas. He did say to next door some time ago that he thinks one might have escaped and he couldn't find it.

Next door also rent their house and they've been having problems with drains and they had the environment people in to check that, whilst they were there the lady next door said we've had some problems with spiders for some time and can you check the loft as I think they're coming from there.

The bloke looked up the loft and said that's a tarantulas nest, what's that doing here? The lady said that the guy next door lost one, he said it must have a mate, or it's alone, but there are signs of it biting.

Next doors is the end terraced house and it was nice fo the environment bloke to put some stuff down to stop the spider(s) going in next doors livin space and baby's bedroom where the loft hatch is (the baby doesn't sleep there thank god) so now I'm expecting a spider come our way.

Anybody have any experience with this sort of thing? I'm not expecting the letting agent of next door to sort it, as they never sorted the drain from 12 months ago (until now when they've been given a 48 hour notice4 as the home is listed now as inhabitable with no drain services) so I'm wondering if there's something (perhaps with a really really long attachment to it) that I can either squirt at it or hit it with?

Any advice regarding dealing with one should I come acroos one (or it - hopefully there's just the one and it's old now or something - probably the reason its biting?).

And finally - can they bread with house spiders? I've been seein shed-loads of spiders in my house but have never bothered with them as they kill flies and that's sound with me, the dirty things.

I've named a couple of the spiders (though there are probably 6 that share a name, afterall, they do look the same) and some I've seen JUMP up the stairs (don't imagine it juumpin all the way here, it just jumped from a step the virtical part of the next step but I was shocked still to say the least).

Please Jimmy, can you fix it for me?

D

DHTiling

Just get your lass to deal with them..job sorted...:lol:..thats what i do....hate them...

G

GazTech

LOL, don't think your normal tarantula will mate with yer common house or garden English spider Dan,... like with this one for example, it is only interested if you are Mexican and have red knees...:grin:

G

grumpygrouter

Not normal for tarantulas to bite unless they are defending themselves Dan. They are more prone to shooting out their hairs in self defence and they can do damage to eyes and things. To be honest, it may be best to just try and catch it and send it to a zoo!

M

monty

I don't need to worry about spiders my little lad (6 years old) traps them all with my pint pots.:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the 'biting' she mentioned refered to the type they are, as in they can bite, though she did explain in here own words something along the lines of 'and it's been biting'.

I'm just about to Gaffa-tape everything up I think it can get through :thumbsup:

O

Olz

spider10.gif

Reply to tarantulas in my loft!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks