Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss supplier / manufacturer contacts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Derry

Not really sure if anyone will know the answer but i'll ask anyway :ninja:

where would i get contact details from for the manufacturers or wholesalers of tiles from?

for example instead of buying tiles from topps or shop x or shop y, where would they purchase their tiles and materials from? (UK and abroad)

hope i'm making sense, just an enquiry at this point

cheers :thumbsup:

S

Spud

my goodness , try about 200 factories around modena in italy ,200 factories near castillion in spain, 150 factories in south china ,100 travertine quarries in turkey, mix that with factories from portugal, brazil, egypt, malaysia, india and you might find a few tiles to buy ,adhesive manufacturers about 8 per country in europe trim manufacturers about 20 per country in europe

D

Derry

cheers gary :thumbsup:

i know there's plenty of them but its getting in touch with them and knowing who is where etc.
I've googled tile manufacturers in china for a start but as you say - there are so many where do you start?!

ideally i would like to see what tile companys produce and a rough idea of pricing but obviously its not that simple :prrr:

D

DHTiling

You got a BIG garge patrick....coz you need to order lots to purchase..:smilewinkgrin:

S

Spud

you need to speak to a tile supply agent these guys normally represent several different manufacturers, try going to cersaie its the biggest tile trade show in the world its in italy normally around october time hope this helps

D

davy_G

I cant see it as being anythinf but a pain to import tiles, unless you are supplying a new build supermarket or hotel. Make sure your VAT registered...but thats another thread.

D

Derry

You got a BIG garge patrick....coz you need to order lots to purchase..:smilewinkgrin:

have you seen the blue garages in aycliffe lol, i took my wing mirror off last week!!!

seriously though, not saying too much at the moment, just looking into something!

cheers for the advice Gary :thumbsup:

D

Daz

As Gary said, I have made contact with a tile agent and he points me to the best deals at the time.

D

Derry

ive just had a search online and i'm heading in the direction i want!

cheers for all the help :thumbsup:

Reply to supplier / manufacturer contacts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks