Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Stud wall recess's in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

samnjarv

Hi everybody I was wondering if some can inform me if it's ok to pre make some recess boxs out of say 10mm ply, glued and screwed, sealed on back and tanked inside even though the recess's will be on the opersite side of the shower. Just seems easier to do it this way and then centre the box in the stud wall being made. Any thoughts and ideas would be very appreciated

T

Time's Ran Out

Seems a bit of a faff to me!
Set the wall out for the tiles and put the recess in to fit full tiles.
Nowt worse than cuts around boxed shelves!

S

samnjarv

looking at some of the recess on this forum they are a few that have cut in.. ive took the tile measurements and made a plan of the box size i'd need to incorperate tile and adh thinkness and also grout space. its only 600w x 300h x 200d going to have two of these spaced so they run in line with the wall run and include a few decking led's inside should look nice hopefully.. I just thought while i'd got a few days spare i'd make the boxs rather than mess about with bits of 2x2 and plasterboard nearer the time. the only cuts to the tile will be the top and bottom one, other half doesn't want a 300d recess instead hence 200

Reply to Stud wall recess's in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks