Search the forum,

Discuss Straight edge trim. How do you fix yours? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I did some tiling for a lady a few months ago. She called me back yesterday for me to give her a quote for tiling another room. She told me that last time I put the trim on her bathroom window the wrong way round. When I looked at it it was fine. She explained to me that it was not put on the same way as it was in the shop!

These two pictures are a mock up of what I mean. The first pic shows how I normally put on trims, the second is how she want's the trim put on. In all my years tiling I have never been asked for trim to be put on this way. Obviously I now have to tile the window reveals first. Are there any reasons why I should not tile the window this way?
2014-03-12 11.21.45.jpg 2014-03-12 11.20.29.jpg

C

charlie1

Make life easy mate, if she wants it on like that then job will take 5 mins, personally I think its unsightly to see the branded flange on top of the tile ;-)

C

Colour Republic

To be honest I tend to put them how she wants them so you see the thin edge in to the room, think it looks slicker. Although not a hard and fast rule as I do it the other why too, just depends what looks better with the tile in question

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Depends on customer and how you want it to look. For clean lines I would fit with the slim edge showing. But to make a feature show the whole trim.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 59
S

Stef

I always do them as in pic 1, the window ingos & the sill are always the last to be tiled..

beanz

TF
Reaction score
I find it easier to do it like pic 1, but do think it looks better the other way.. It takes a little more working out though.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You don't need to do window reveals 1st , just cut the tiles to the required thickness around the window then slip the trims in.
Just as easy as doing it in pic 1 as it is in pic 2 IMO :)

Reply to Straight edge trim. How do you fix yours? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am in the middle of renovating my bathroom. First of its kind for me! The walls were...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen