Search the forum,

Discuss Steam -room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
i whent to see a job the other week the steam room needs to be tiled inside and out BUT !! they have built it out of ply :mad2: so i will need to overboard everthing then tank and tile so whats the best and most cost effective tile backer board to buy and use, i was thinking of fixing the boards with adhesive would you guys screw them as well ?:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

I'd be using Hardie at 12.5mm thick to give some strength....screwed to studs.

W

White Room

Dukka board state, 10mm for studs at 300mm centres, 12.5mm for studs at 400mm centres and 20mm for studs at 600mm centres....

T

The D

for a steam room go with Wedi, Marmox or Dukka

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i whent to see a job the other week the steam room needs to be tiled inside and out BUT !! they have built it out of ply :mad2: so i will need to overboard everthing then tank and tile so whats the best and most cost effective tile backer board to buy and use, i was thinking of fixing the boards with adhesive would you guys screw them as well ?:thumbsup:

As Dave!I think 4mm will be most cost affective if the ply is rigid enough?
I use Jackoboard but there's starts at 6mm
It's a very good quality board at the rite price!!!
Personally I would screw them aswell with the washers!
Hope that helps

M

MTiler

cant go wrong with Wedi, but theres also Schluters Kerdi board which is easier to cut square and nice and lite

Reply to Steam -room in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen