Search the forum,

Discuss Starting a new job in the New Year (Non Tiling) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

thanks for that advice, its good to know im not alone..... i should be able to start my new hours after xmas, 6 - 10pm so like you said i can quote at weekends and then i have allday mon to fri to establish myself and get the work done.

i rekon that by june ill be able to tile full time with a good regular income coming in....

Cant wait

smokie899

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
personally myself i just went for it dont kknow your circumstances but i had no outgoings ie rent, lecky etc bills just beer money hope all works out well for you

C

CLAYS TILES

full time lorry driver (wanting out) & committing full time to do tiling!
i do tiling @ weekends till then, its awkward going out for quotes as i can never guarrantee getting back in time due to motorway delays etc!:furious3:

T

tysfoot

ita a pain in the arse tiling part time from 3pm onwards like i do now as i can only put 4 hours a day in and i feel im in the way all the time. ive had jobs where ive said it will take me 3 days and its ended up taking nearly a week because of my other commitments.
Hopefully when i start my new job late afternoons i can get my tilling of to a good start and get lots of work coming in regularly and taking 3 days to do a 3 day job

S

Saltire69

Thats good going m8,is that including the floor?If all the walls are sound then try and tile the bathroom in one day if u can and then grout up and do the floor the second day.I know some tilers grout walls at night that they tiled in the day but few admit to it.I did a bathroom today just got window to go round in morning and shower wall to tile so i will be back on Saturday grouting and fixing floor.

Nah that was just walls m8.Was taking me 5 days before cause i was bricking maself when I 1st started out.

B

billy123

if u need to keep money coming in to live then thats understandable,but bear in mind when your pricing up that some of us are paying tax and insurance when were pricing up.but ive been in your position myself and i wish you the best of luck mate.

T

toonarmy

full time binman / binwagon driver for council , norm finish by 11am so plenty of time for tiling till i get up to speed and more work

Reply to Starting a new job in the New Year (Non Tiling) in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen