Search the forum,

Discuss Stabledoor Travertine, Pattern Or Not. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

weirdfish

image.jpeg
After we finally got our shower tray sorted, ( 3rd time lucky ), it's now time for tiling, we have stabledoor travertine going in the shower enclosure and on the floor, but I'm wondering what's best, just a random layout, or try and get a pattern going.
I know it might be down to personal preference, but just thought I'd ask.
I'll try and post a pic of one possible layout I thought about.
The pattern just repeats itself every other row.

P

p4ulo

That pattern looks nice, and tbh it will be far easier to lay to a repetitive pattern than a random one because you have to lay the whole lot out to check how it looks dry!
Don't forget you'll need to clean them properly before tiling (residue remover), and seal them after tiling and before grouting.....and possibly seal again after grouting depending on how porous they seem.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
I thought the same. Personally how it's laid out in the picture I don't like it. Looks odd and dare I say, a little amateur fir want if a better word.

I'd lay it random. The stable door design looks "unfinished"

Reply to Stabledoor Travertine, Pattern Or Not. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen