Search the forum,

Discuss Slate tiles - removal or tile over? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Matt Bott

IMG_1011.JPG
That would save you having any silicone at edge

Reaction score
These are great suggestions thank you so much Matt, I love the minimal finish. Would you still advise using a silicone to fix the profiles in the corners of the room (for structural movement) or would grout suffice?

M

Matt Bott

the adhesive between the wall and tiles will hold the profiles you do not silicone these joints they are for movement joints, the tiles slot in each side and your done just grout the little gap between the rubber seal and tile I've linked a diagram below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Slate tiles - removal or tile over? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen