Search the forum,

Discuss Show us your mitres | mitred tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

p4ulo

Wow, mitred Metros.
I didn't even think you could....
as D man says, what tools???
I'm guessing a wet-saw with a very fine cut blade??

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Wow, mitred Metros.
I didn't even think you could....
as D man says, what tools???
I'm guessing a wet-saw with a very fine cut blade??

All of them, with the exception of the white mini metros were done on my DeWalt DW2400 with the standard blade that came with it.

The mini whites were done on my Norton Clipper bridge with the "clipper classic" blade.

Both straight forward,basic ceramic blades.

The only key thing is not to pull through the cut at all. Bring the blade to it and just put your hand behind it literally to stop the rotation pushing the machine back. The blade does 100% of the work.

D

D man

Did this a year back with limestone and it was no probs but tried it with the porcelain and couldn't get a neat finish
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha these are the time consumers Ali......

I go fully into the corner and then scribe the adjacent tile into it. So I use the wet cutter on the bevel at the angle of the bevel (if you get me) and then scribe and snap along the face between the two cuts.

And don't you just love siliconing the internal corners

Slide1.jpg

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Haha these are the time consumers Ali......

I go fully into the corner and then scribe the adjacent tile into it. So I use the wet cutter on the bevel at the angle of the bevel (if you get me) and then scribe and snap along the face between the two cuts.

And don't you just love siliconing the internal corners

View attachment 75826

Yup. That's what I do. But after cutting the 45 I use the grinder to take out the raw bit.
The amount of metro tiling I've seen where it's straight cuts in the corner, and sometimes even grouted in leaving a string of diamond shape grout.

Definitely time consuming scribing them in but looks the dogs bits!

Reply to Show us your mitres | mitred tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen