Discuss Sealing a Slc garage floor prior to painting in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Si2111

TF
Reaction score
Need some advice please on sealing Slc.

Not sure if I'm in the right place for this but worth a try.

I have recently Slc a garage floor and want to paint over it as the finish but I'm not sure what to seal it with prior to painting as it has a very porous/dusty finish, any advice would be very appreciated.

Si2111

TF
Reaction score
Not all slc can be used as a wearable finish. Which one did you use?
I used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210,my first time using a Slc so wasn't sure what to use so didn't go for the top end stuff did it on a budget so prob wasn't the right stuff to use I'm guessing.

H

hmtiling

I used Mapei Ultimate Leveller 1210,my first time using a Slc so wasn't sure what to use so didn't go for the top end stuff did it on a budget so prob wasn't the right stuff to use I'm guessing.
I don't think that is suitable . Tilemaster external leveller is suitable and reasonably priced . You could prime and put a coat of that on top . unsure about how thick that would need to be but @Glynn will know

Reply to Sealing a Slc garage floor prior to painting in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks