Search the forum,

Discuss Save A Bit Of Cash - Mainly Online Stuff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I just almost finished a lengthy post for this time of night and then the laptop screen went blank (graphics overheated again I think) and I had to shut the bugger down and I lost it all. So here's something similar.

:oops:

I thought I'd post something that might be useful for some of you. Please do add to the list if you think of anything. I'm guessing that many of you will already be doing this sort of stuff, but a few may not be.

Firstly, for general advice and lots of links to discounts. www.moneysavingexpert.com - sign up to the newsletter which comes about monthly via email and has LOADS of up-to-date offers. If you ever want advice with debt, banking, and that sort of stuff then money saving expert is THE place to get it.

Then I'd say make sure you're using the few decent comparison websites. www.uswitch.com for your energy, and www.comparethemarket.com and www.gocompare.com for your home, travel, car and even van insurance. There are hundreds of these websites but you only need to check a few. What I would say; if you get used to using one because it's saved you loads on one thing, do NOT assume it'll be the cheapest with everything, still compare against a couple of the websites each time you want to find a better deal. Most deals are changed daily. And after a month or so goes by you'll find dozens of different insurers registered and dozens of the ones you used last year have gone. So just use a few, but always use a few and not just one. No need to check 100 comparison websites though. If that makes sense.

From a tiling point of view. Many of our sponsors who supply have discounts for forum members. Be sure you're aware of that, and always remember to punch in your www.tradetiler.com discount code as people are forgetting to do so and you're paying more for your tools! Richard at 365drills and Tile Giant will also sort you out, along with WetDecs. If you're looking for something from sponsors of our other forums (we have electrical related stuff, some plumbing stuff, and soon to be some plastering stuff too) then please do register and find the information on those forums for those suppliers.

Eeeerm, anyway, I think it went something like that the first time. :)

F

Fred

I've just got 750 notes back from the NatWest who sold me a policy which basically didn't cover me. So remember the 'get your money back' stuff as well.

S

stevee

hiya boys , how do u get your discount code for TT

and when i phoned TG they said they might of heard of this forum, not sure what to do there,steve

D

Deleted member 9966

:hurray: nice one Dan

I was gonna start a thread tonight about discount supermarkets but I wondered if people would just think I was being boring...

I've just recently started shopping at Netto and the usual weekly shop is coming in around £30 mark instead of £40-£45 from mainstream supermarket.

It's a bit hit and miss as they don't always stock the same thing week in week out (couldn't get skimmed milk on Sunday, but they had it the week before) but it's worth it. They discount big name brands too!

I wondered if the quality would be a bit rubbish, but so far, all the food we've had from there has been more than edible, and more besides :thumbsup:

And as for freebies, we got free tickets to the Renault World Series a couple of weeks back, and the whole weekend including camping and spending money cost us £50:hurray:

The worst thing you can do during a recession is stop spending. If you stop spending, less money is going around the circular flow of income, and thus means more people don't get paid, who in turn stop spending... Moral of the story is, spend within your own limits
:20:

D

Deleted member 9966

I've just got 750 notes back from the NatWest who sold me a policy which basically didn't cover me. So remember the 'get your money back' stuff as well.

:incazzato:

Don't get me started on them Fred... they're the worlds worst bank, and I can say that with confidence as I worked for them for a long time...

D

doug boardley

I must be single handdedly turning the economy round then Liz, paying out loads and it's going out a helluva lot faster than it's coming in!! Gotta keep smiling tho:nopity::beatdeadhorse5::hang:

D

Deleted member 9966

I must be single handdedly turning the economy round then Liz, paying out loads and it's going out a helluva lot faster than it's coming in!! Gotta keep smiling tho:nopity::beatdeadhorse5::hang:

Stick at it Doug... it'll come good in the end :thumbsup:

And speaking of more freebies... I build up reward points with my mobile phone provider (I'm on PAYG) and I was able to use my reward points yesterday and buy a new mobile phone! :hurray:

Serves me right for spending quite so much dosh with them over the last 2 year tho :oops:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I just thought of one to save on your phone bills a bit. SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers - use this to search for alternatives to 0870. Note though that often an 0845 number is only 10p per minute, and if you got the regional number instead, you could be paying long-distance prices of more than 20p. So I'd only search for alternatives to 0870, or if you can find an 0800 instead of 0845 you're laughing.

I found an 0800 for nPower; they wanted me to call a 0870. That's a decent saving on my part there as the call was about 20 minutes long and 0870's are the most expensive common number (premium 0906 numbers for your ring tones and whatever being THE most expensive).

O

Olz

quidco is a good website as well, you go to their site which is like a directory listing type place, they will have a link for say british gas which you click and are taken to the british gas website, you purchase something and quidco give you some cash back, we get all out insurance and stuff through the quidco site and have got a fair few hundered back.

Reply to Save A Bit Of Cash - Mainly Online Stuff in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen