Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Sanding and honing travertine in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

JMC tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
IMO sometimes in life a compromise has to be made, we do not live in a perfect world no matter how hard we try. What if you install a tile with a slight bow of say 1/2ml which is well within in tolerance and the customer pulls it, what you gonna do then? Experience also tells me that some customers ( a small minority) will try and take advantage if they feel like they could get away with saving a few quid. So no, the customer is not always right.... :thumbsup:

T

Tile Shop

Picture is available i think. Not at work at the moment. It was first raised 2 months ago but he's back and forth at the house doing other bathroom/en-suite/tiling jobs. But every time he goes back, the guy brings this one tile into question. Everything else he's done couldn't be faulted.

Grout joint is 3mm, and only looks bad if you look at it in a certain light. The close up picture he took if i recall correctly it only just came half way up a penny! But guess it can easily be felt with bare feet.

O

On one

If it was me......take the tile up and replace.
It's the only way you're going to keep this customer satisfied.
He wants his pound of flesh and he isn't going to happy until he gets it.(he wants to see you taking this tile up,no matter what)
Surely taking up the tile would be the lesser of the two evils.....soft stone....core drill it out from the centre with a series of small holes to weaken the tile and carefully chisel the rest out.

Reply to Sanding and honing travertine in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks