Search the forum,

Discuss rules of setting out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

ross lewiss

thnaks guys, i really appreciate all your help. its difficult when reading a book but its alot less expensive than a tiling course with travel and accomodation. this forum is better than a course and its free so i owe a big debt of gratitude to dan for waking up one morning and deciding to open a forum,,
big thanks to mz30 for the detailed response. it helped put my mind at ease that i am on the right lines ishhh lol
thanks, ross

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
I must have my dumbass head on at the moment. I can't get my head around what you're saying. :whatchutalkingabout

PS I wouldn't tile out from the center of window - just center the window in my setting out

Your losing me now macten,why centre the window if your not going to work from it?
Just for anyones info my last resort is to centre the window:thumbsup:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
LOL my head hurts.
I will always center window, looks much nicer - don't know why it would be easier to go full tile one side (apart from having a few less tiles to cut)
OK I center window, plumb a line down from one side of window where my first full tile will be down to my baton and tile from there - working my way across and up till I get to the window.

Last edited:
F

frogeye

thnaks guys, i really appreciate all your help. its difficult when reading a book but its alot less expensive than a tiling course with travel and accomodation. this forum is better than a course and its free so i owe a big debt of gratitude to dan for waking up one morning and deciding to open a forum,,
big thanks to mz30 for the detailed response. it helped put my mind at ease that i am on the right lines ishhh lol
thanks, ross

Hi Ross

can I suggest that you take a course?
I did a 4 week course and found it invaluable - okay I don't have the speed or the experience of a time served pro, but I find that most times I have an informed view of most of the questions posed on this site. My course concentrated on the basics and now I know why. Setting out, setting out and setting out - so important.
Yes this is a cracking site - but a few days with a good teacher will more than pay for itself whether you are a diyer ( I still include myself here) or a pro (thats why so many people ask to be taken on for free to gain experience)

frogeye

Reply to rules of setting out in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.