Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Rubi TX-900-N vs Rubi TX-900 STANDARD in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Over-engineered and lots of spare parts available.
Why have 1 rail when you can have 4?
Also, CTD and Topps offer free servicing from Rubi at trade events.

When did you last see Sigma offer that?!

Exactly!
Sigma offer free servicing.....

No one turns up though, because there so perfect.....:D

O

Old Mod

Over-engineered and lots of spare parts available.
Why have 1 rail when you can have 4?
Also, CTD and Topps offer free servicing from Rubi at trade events.

When did you last see Sigma offer that?!

Exactly!

Never seen sigma offer that, but unlike Rubi, the sigma doesn’t go wrong. :)

In fact Sigma U.K. has boxes and boxes of spare cutting wheels, because not even they need changing. :D

B

Blunt Tool

Sigma good if you learnt on a sigma ,but hard if you used rubis ,lets not argue. Lads
I learnt and worked with Rubis for 25 years, not a problem till tiles moved on getting bigger 600mm and harder (porcelain) and thicker 12mm. You know yourself trying to cut tiles like that thru a TS or TX and try to separate with their system leaves the old broken last piece at the top off line! Even Rubi knew they had to up their game with the TZ. Sigma is the most constant reliable cutter for said tiles to leave a near perfect cut even going down past 20mm sliver, and that is why it is a no brainer that I replaced with Sigma, and saved my customers a few boxes of tiles!

W

Waluigi

Gotta agree with that.

Rubi are the Nokia of the tile world. Had the market in the palm of their hands but didn’t adapt when the market changed.

I quite like the look of the TZ but they’ve priced themselves out of the market a bit IMO.

B

Blunt Tool

Gotta agree with that.

Rubi are the Nokia of the tile world. Had the market in the palm of their hands but didn’t adapt when the market changed.

I quite like the look of the TZ but they’ve priced themselves out of the market a bit IMO.
Yes I agree, the TZ does look well made and designed but haven’t actually seen it in real life action doing what I do everyday with my Sigma and I don’t really know any tilers rich enough to have one ;)

D

Dumbo

Ive had a little play at ctd then went into the trade counter and tried a tz. It may be good but their is too much up and down with the handle . I think it would tire me out

B

Blunt Tool

I still have my Tx1200 as I’m still contemplating between the sigma machine or a flash line type which would be easier to carry and transport and gives me future options in case I trip over a 3 metre tile

Reply to Rubi TX-900-N vs Rubi TX-900 STANDARD in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock