Search the forum,

Discuss Rogue traders photo gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I just found these photo's in our rogue traders photo gallery and they were posted by member stottey.....what do you think of this tiling....:lol:

DSC00272.JPG

DSC00273.JPG

DSC00274.JPG

F

frogeye

Dave

joking apart - the only good thing about this (if there can be such a thing) is to show to those new at this game ( myself definately included) is that the money I spent ( about £2500) on my training wasn't wasted.

This could have been one of those that advertise - 'with 10 years experience - not a months training' - but if your experience has all been at this standard it means nowt!

Okay I only have a 4 week course behind me - but with 30+ years of diy experience- I would be ashamed to take money for this pile of crap.

frogeye (mini rant over)

S

sWe

I saw something similar done in a bathroom last year. Was called to do a consult on wether the whole thing had to come down or not. Aparantly two poles had done it, and they thought they had done a real good job, and were proud of it... They were present when I visited the place.

They had used like 12mm trowels on the walls, and managed to get like 40% coverage on 20x20cm tiles. On the tiles closest to where the doorframe was supposed to be, I could stick a pen in under the tile, like, all the way.

I almost felt sorry for them when I told them that their work was seriously botched, and that everything had to come down, as well as the floor, because they had damaged the UFH. There was a water leak as well, which they likely caused when they nailed a guide to the wall, using 5" nails... The list goes on...

Edit: And the leak had damaged the ceiling in the apartment below...

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Raja

I think someone must have turned up on new years day to do this job.

New years resolution""ahh yes i must not mix business with pleasure""

These people must have absolutely no conscience whatsoever!!!

You hit the nail on the head there Den but the saddest part is there are many who are nearly as bad at tiling as this chap he must have a masters degree in making it look like that. On gods earth i wish i was a fly on the wall when he finished and wanted paying that would of been 1 conversation worthmore than anything else:lol:

R

Raja

I would be the first to admitt that on 9 out of my 10 posts somtimes say somthing which bears no material fibre to the topic in question but try to re read through the post before clicking the send button.
On a forum posting situation when it is the case thats many judge others by the words they write.

I wud say some times things can come across differently to what is really meant. I have visited many jobs which have been tiled by romanian tilers and some were good some were bad Steriotyping would b unfair.

My advice to all users including my self is to look back and re read before posting and ask ur self only 2 questions
1, Is my post really necessery
2, Am i going to offend some one with my post
When i posted my thread " Work & Life" there were over 30 replies of genuine gud substance and a small minority of folk just find it easier to say somthing bad than nice i find.
BUT Remember " It is nice to be important but even more important to be nice"

W

White Room

I would be the first to admitt that on 9 out of my 10 posts somtimes say somthing which bears no material fibre to the topic in question but try to re read through the post before clicking the send button.
On a forum posting situation when it is the case thats many judge others by the words they write.

I wud say some times things can come across differently to what is really meant. I have visited many jobs which have been tiled by romanian tilers and some were good some were bad Steriotyping would b unfair.

My advice to all users including my self is to look back and re read before posting and ask ur self only 2 questions
1, Is my post really necessery
2, Am i going to offend some one with my post
When i posted my thread " Work & Life" there were over 30 replies of genuine gud substance and a small minority of folk just find it easier to say somthing bad than nice i find.
BUT Remember " It is nice to be important but even more important to be nice"

I do exactly that, Many a time I was going to reply to a post and there are so many answer's there is no need, And I also believe that I don't need to be rude I have my opionion's and step back but will make a genuine comment where necessary and hopefuly answer or assist with a question with the best of my knowledge

Reply to Rogue traders photo gallery in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this, The property unfortunately flooded throughout. Now although I'm told it's all dry now I'm reluctant...
Replies
Views
Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can be found HERE but is quite long so not as easy to find specific posts. So tell us what you are up...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in preparation for tiling. A couple of days after there's a lot of very fine cracks which have appeared, you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Morning all. Dan asked me to post up a thread about our training centre which he can then use for feedback. We have been established in Newport, South Wales (just across the bridge from Bristol)...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.