Search the forum,

Discuss Riw fwm membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I've got couple of large walk in showers to tank Monday with supplied tile safe bitumen membrane.
unfortunately no wall tanking kit included.
the one that is compatible when you paint over tile safe membrane where it wraps up bottom of wall is riw fwm but can't get hold of it till Tuesday which is too late.
riw fwm is a flexible solvent free paint on membrane.
anyone know where I could get this over weekend or another product compatible with tile safe membrane

Reaction score
I've got couple of large walk in showers to tank Monday with supplied tile safe bitumen membrane.
unfortunately no wall tanking kit included.
the one that is compatible when you paint over tile safe membrane where it wraps up bottom of wall is riw fwm but can't get hold of it till Tuesday which is too late.
riw fwm is a flexible solvent free paint on membrane.
anyone know where I could get this over weekend or another product compatible with tile safe membrane

Iv'e used ardex, mapei and ball tanking kits with impey tile safe membrane.

O

One Day

Thats a bit harsh !!!
Ive used it over 15yrs and never had 1 wetroom problem with it.
The new membrane kit might suit you better? Cheaper and dosn't stick to you.

It's rubbish though - really it is. I'm not saying it's not effective (iirc Noah's ark was waterproofed with bitumen too!) but there are so many easier-to-use methods of waterproofing.
And just for info pretty much all wet rooms/areas I attend to are involving either Tilesafe and/or Hardibacker - used incorrectly or in the case of Impey - with ufh that's been on too high.

T

Time's Ran Out

And just for info pretty much all wet rooms/areas I attend to are involving either Tilesafe and/or Hardibacker - used incorrectly or in the case of Impey - with ufh that's been on too high.

But that's the case with all products - if you use them right they work!
Trouble is all 'Tilers' think they are wet room installers without any instruction apart from the label.

Reply to Riw fwm membrane in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen