Search the forum,

Discuss removing transit wax in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I have laid a 120sqm polished porcelain floor which has a heavy layer of transit wax on it ,I went to several tile shops to get some products that are normally used for this type of job available to me were lithofin wexa and a fila chemicals wax and residue remover from topps tiles ,for 4 small cans I was charged over £50 from topps tiles with my trade discount ,understandably I was a bit miffed at having to pay such prices so I went to a small decorating centre near the job and purchased 5 litres of methylated spirits and 2 rolls of mutton cloth with cost me £15
I decided to do a test area with the meths which i poured onto a tile scrubbed with a white emulsifying pad while the meths was still moist i cleaned it of with the mutton cloth and the tile came up beautifully clean and shiny.
I returned the expensive cans back to the tile shop and can recommend methylated spirits to remove transit wax but do stress do a test tile first to check it is suitable

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gazzer

Always worth a try but I had the same issue with some wax and nothing would move it without a lot of elbow grease. I tell customers now about it and its chargeable if its stubborn.

F

faithhealer

I have a tin of the Fila, but customer paid for it, carry meths too, will give it a go

W

White Room

party-drunk.gif
Lemonade with yours sir

Reply to removing transit wax in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen