Currently reading:
Removing Transit Wax from Polished Porcelain

Discuss Removing Transit Wax from Polished Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kevg

Been trying for the past couple of hrs to remove the transit was on my b&q beige polished porcelain tiles. I have LPT Grimex and vie used 1:10, 1:3, 1:1 and even undiluted. Nothing I do is removing it. I have tried a rubber bristle scrubbing brush, a normal plastic scrubbing brush, a nylon pad, and a normal cloth. I sometimes get a tiny little mark where I see the polished surface below, but at that rate I would have my floors done in 2 years lol.

I do have my car rotary polisher that I may use, but surely it can't be that hard to remove ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Got the same problem at home on 30x30 polished porcelain over the bath. 2 years on my wife has had enough of them looking streaky. Tried Wexa, QEP and HG with little visible improvement. Even tried the steam cleaner, this meant I could scratch it off easier with my nail and I lost about 3 pounds. Does the LTP Solvex actually do the job, bearing in mind this is a hard wax over the whole surface and not what I usually come across?

Meths?

Thats not an offer of a drink by the way.

Last edited:

Reply to Removing Transit Wax from Polished Porcelain in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid down several years ago by a previous owner, and it looks like it was also polished and sealed -...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.