Search the forum,

Discuss Red Doorstep Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

Hi everyone I live in a 1930's semi and the doorstep is tiled in what i think are called red quarry tiles (??). All the houses nearby have the same tiled doorstep.

One of the tiles was damaged and is now completely shattered. Just wondered if anyone knew if its possible to get replacement ones.

Thanks!!

G

Gazzer

You can still get quarries but getting a match for a 1930s tile will be tough. The best place would be your local reclaimation yard.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi..most tile shops sell red quarries,,they come in a variety of shades and sizes so yoru best bet would be to take a picture of ur step and size the tile exactly then go get some samples....is it a rough or smooth finish? pilkingtons wooliscroft range do a smooth finished quarry type tile and its the only one iv seen smooth so far.

D

dagger

the best place to contact for this stuff is "triangle tiles" south norwood, London.

they are a large stockist and still have "daniel platts" etc.

give them a try!

K

kizzie

Thanks everyone for such quick replies!

Its a smooth finish tile.
I'll try the suggestions youve made.

Dont really want to get new tiled step because it does suit the house :)

D

diamondtiling

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Talking of Daniel Platt, in the last months edition of tile and stone magazine they had a piece on platts saying they were still open and taking orders although it was through an administrating company, the whole company was being restructured, is this true? I tried the number but it just kept ringing

D

diamondtiling

I do have the mag, its last months or the previous one, I showed it to my mate who works for creata ceramica, he said that all the kilns were now turned off, definately read it, I have been in the factory many times at ruabin, shame to lose a good name like platts

D

DHTiling

it is ye!!...but i heard production was hoped to be taken o ver by another party but time will tell....in come the cheap imports now...:thumbsdown:

D

dagger

it is ye!!...7 but i heard production was hoped to be taken o ver by another party but time will tell....in come the cheap imports now...:thumbsdown:

I heard it was going to "johnson & johnson".............of india!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Red Doorstep Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen