Search the forum,

Discuss Q-Rock Black & Cream - Best preparation and materials? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

Bonnie Tiler

Hi folks, we are currently in the process of designing our new bathroom and are considering the Topps Q-Rock tiles in both colours available.

What would be the best preparation method and materials to use to prevent any bleeding or staining during fitting and also once installed.

Do any of the sealants make the tiles shiny (dont want this look!). Which one is best LTP or Fila?

We have read through a few threads about these tiles and are starting to worry....Should we quit while we are ahead and run away from these type of tiles while we still can???

Reaction score
I fitted q rock on my kitchen floor, no problem at all, and dont need sealing.I have however had grout stain problembs with other unpolished porcelain, and can fully recomend LTP grout stain remover, over fila extra stong residue remover :thumbsup:

T

theyomper

Loikewise Q rock don't need sealing. To prevent grout staining I always use 2 coats of 'Tile Protector' available from Topps. This basically coats the tile prior to grouting and is washed off in the grouting process. Making it a lot easier to clean off and preventing staining.

B

Bonnie Tiler

Would it be better to clean off this "waxy" residue that is talked about prior to applying the Tile Protector or are we worrying about something that isn't really an issue here?

I am sure there are plenty of installations that go without a hitch using these tiles as with everything it's only usually the people with problems that post in places like this.

We are still also trying to decide on which colour to use where in the (relatively) small bathroom, is this simply down to personal choice or is there some tile etiquette to be followed?

T

theyomper

Q rock doesn't have a waxy residue. It's just the nature of the tile surface that makes them prone to staining.
I have fixed metres of them and as said previously using the Tile Protector makes the job easier and eliminates the problem.

Reply to Q-Rock Black & Cream - Best preparation and materials? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen