Search the forum,

Discuss Pva dilemma in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

Best solution here - have it skimmed. The fact that they have put pva on is almost irrelevant as it wanted skimming anyway.

L

lmkitchens

I recently had a massive barny with a plasterer.

They left a job after me telling the builders it needed boarding or skimming as bonding. I refused to tile it, even had to call British gypsum up to prove it as I was being labelled a lair!

Only issue is that by the books its 14 days before you can tile it.

F

Flintstone

Here's one I refused to tile earlier IMG_2427.JPG IMG_2428.JPG

S

Spare Tool

Bit late now but when it was back to block best option would have been to dry line room and tile straight on to green plasterboard, much as I appreciate there are some good plasterers out there, I happen to know ONE ;) nothings ever as flat or square as a properly dot and dabbed boarded room..

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Bit late now but when it was back to block best option would have been to dry line room and tile straight on to green plasterboard, much as I appreciate there are some good plasterers out there, I happen to know ONE ;) nothings ever as flat or square as a properly dot and dabbed boarded room..
Aye, my lad is a god plasterer ;)

W

WetSaw

That Dan bloke seems to have taken away the edit button so I'll have to be extra careful now....

How strange.... The edit button has reappeared!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Pva dilemma in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen