Search the forum,

Discuss Protecting new tiles. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This is a strange question that has been preying on my mind for a few hours. I’ve just completed 30sqm of tumbled travertine. I sealed it today. I told the customer to try not to use the room for 24 hours. However, the other trades want to get access to the room to put up the skirting, coving, painting etc. They customer has suggested putting down black plastic sheeting, then those corrugated plastic sheets on top. The grout is still only 48 hours old and still curing. Do you think it’s ok to cover such a large area? Will it sweat and turn nasty?

A

aphilp

You need to let the sealer dry and then you can cover with Corex or buffalo paper.

Anne

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
what type of grout did you use?
The grout is Kerakoll Eco 2-12. It was supplied by the company that supplied the tiles. It's not a nice grout to work with. It's Itallian and the packet does not say if it's flexible or not! The sealer dries in 20 mins but the tin says it's best to leave it to dry for 24 hours.

D

DHTiling

Sean.. state what they have to do, if other trades walk on it before then you are not responsible.. You cannot stop them if they walk on it when you are not their.. tell the customer what has to happen and leave them to it..

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Dave, The other trades want to get access to the room tomorrow. I'm just asking if it's ok to cover the whole floor area with plastic sheeting. The sheeting is to be down for 6 weeks and will be removed after the kitchen has been installed.

J

jay

As Dave says if the sealer or grout require 24 to 48 hours before general traffic then they stay off until then .If you say throw some drop sheets down it will be fine . then you take responsibility if something goes wrong

Reply to Protecting new tiles. in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen