Search the forum,

Discuss Protecting new tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
This is a strange question that has been preying on my mind for a few hours. I’ve just completed 30sqm of tumbled travertine. I sealed it today. I told the customer to try not to use the room for 24 hours. However, the other trades want to get access to the room to put up the skirting, coving, painting etc. They customer has suggested putting down black plastic sheeting, then those corrugated plastic sheets on top. The grout is still only 48 hours old and still curing. Do you think it’s ok to cover such a large area? Will it sweat and turn nasty?

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
what type of grout did you use?
The grout is Kerakoll Eco 2-12. It was supplied by the company that supplied the tiles. It's not a nice grout to work with. It's Itallian and the packet does not say if it's flexible or not! The sealer dries in 20 mins but the tin says it's best to leave it to dry for 24 hours.

Reply to Protecting new tiles. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.