Search the forum,

Discuss Prices please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gentleman Jim

Evening colleagues.
I'm after an idea of price(s) for what initially seems to be a straight forward floor job. 18 metres of 33cm square ceramics in a new conservatory. All materials are supplied and are up to the job (BAL). The customers would like a price for simply (!!) tiling and then another one for tiling the floor AND making a tile cover to go over a man hole cover in the middle of the floor. The cover would be 70cm x 55cm and would need to match the pattern (black and white chessboard) Presumably they would be happy enough just to go over the opening if the second price is too high?
1. How much?
2. How do you ensure the cover is at the same level as the new tiled floor?
Thanks very much for your help.
Regards
Jim

D

davy_G

For me it would be £360 to tile the floor as normal. Then guestimate how much longer time wise for all the extra messing about needed for the manhole and add your dayrate accordingly!

As for levels, i presume you dont intend to tile directly onto the manhole cover? Is it square or round? If you need to lay a bit of ply to tile onto over the manhole then this might need the rest floor raising.
Whats a manhole doing in a conservatory anyway??

Goodluck if you have to do the manhole, id make sure it was worth your while incase they decide to do it!

W

White Room

Hope I hav'nt got the wrong end the stick, what about an inset manhole and screed inside and leave a depth for the tile:whatchutalkingabout

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As above.

Inset manhole cover............screed to height (leaving tile+sticky depth)

Got one to do soon...........as long as you can wet cut the tiles.......no problem:yes:

£395 for 18m of tiling.

Inset manholes covers are around the £45 mark (I think)
Then day rate or part thereof for fitting that

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Chuck the manhole in ( no extra )....good customer relations.....they dont take much more to do....good luck and let us know how you get on......

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Chuck the manhole in ( no extra )....good customer relations.....they dont take much more to do....good luck and let us know how you get on......

You have to buy the inset manhole cover complete with the frame Dave............then sink the frame in the screed:whatchutalkingabout

Reply to Prices please. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen