Search the forum,

Discuss Preparation for keraquick & latex plus on ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

STEVEROG

I have asked this question once I thought it was resolved....... However, I have checked out the data sheets for Mapei keraquick and latex plus (as advised) to see what the recommended preparation for plywood is........... I am unable to find anything regarding plywood, only for plasterboard or cement etc.

I have e-mailed Mapei but did not get a reply.

So some new questions...

1. What have you experienced guys used as prep on plywood before keraquick and latex plus?

2. Any hints on getting the information from Mapei?

Steve

D

DHTiling

Hi steve...try these>>>>

broken link removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

STEVEROG

Dave,

Thanks. However, there is no mention of the preparation for plywood in either of these data sheets. I think I will have to dig up a technical helpline number for Mapei.....what do you think?

D

DHTiling

For ply steve you prime the the back face and side edges with a synthetic primer( sbr) and if the tech info( on the bag etc) says's no primer then you do not prime the face side.

And with Mapei cement adhesives you do not prime plywood face side.:thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

The mapei black book specifies Primer G for timber. But if you can't get it any acrylic primer is fine. - MY MISTAKE, READ THE WRONG BIT. DAVE IS CORRECT.

S

STEVEROG

Thanks gents. That's me ready to go tiling then. If it turns out to be a dogs breakfast I wont post the results! If it looks half decent I may let you see my tiling!

Cheers again for all the advice

Steve

F

FreeD

Use Everbuild SBR to prime m8 available from Tradetiler...use this stuff for everything plastering tiling the lot...u won't get better and it goes much further than expensive primers from bal...mapei etc

D

DHTiling

Info on everbuild SBR from Tradetiler...

Broken Link Removed

Reply to Preparation for keraquick & latex plus on ply? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen