Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain Tiles have marks on? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Agility

We have just bought & had professionally laid 55sq meters of black shiny porcelain tiles from Topps Tiles, They came with a film on & was told by Topps it's for protection & they are ok to lay, They have now been laid & we are starting the process of cleaning them up in order to seal, Well we have cleaned / cleaned & cleaned again with the cleaner they provided & they still are showing marks on (if I didn't know better I would say it looks like grease has soaked into the tile as it's in patches & also has some small splatter marks?) we have even used a buffing pad on a spare tile to experiment & you can still see the marks on. Pls Pls help? I honestly cannot see that it is the protective wax & more likely a fault in the making of the tile, but after spending a few thousand on getting this purchased & put down we are devastated as it looks a mess
we are taking a tile in to Topps tomorrow to see what they say - they recommended cleaning them with the cleaner 4 or 5 times, we have used half a 500ml tin on one tile to try & see if it will eventually go but it isn't budging:thumbsdown:

D

davebates

hi wax tends to show as a dull smear on the surface of the tile, depends on what marks are showing. pic's would help and if it were me i would have cleaned and sealed before laying im sure other more experienced tilers will soon post and help you out

A

Agility

Certainly not showing as a wax on the surface - this looks like it is 'in' the tile. Hindsight is a wonderfull thing but I took the word of the experts on what order to do things!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If the tiles are the negro polished porcelain Topps supplied you with..............it would have been Fila tile and stone cleaner.

It worked on them a couple of weeks ago
M127_1_tile&stone-clea-web.jpg

A

Agility

We have used B&Q's heavy duty remover & also the one Topps Tiles provided which yes it is the Fila , I will get a photo taken shortly to show you what it looks like, looks even worse in daylight :( off to Topps Tiles this morning with one of the tiles not layed to ask they to get it clean & if they cant then it obviously not us as not spending this kind of hard earned cash for it to look like this!

Reply to Porcelain Tiles have marks on? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen