Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Perfect vertically stacked internal corners in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Client here. Having an ensuite made and need to decide on exact bathroom width. Crucial to this is how you do internal corners perfectly?? Tiles are 250x50mm, 8mm thick planning a 2mm grout. I want stacked vertical pattern and I want a whole tile meeting whole tile in the internal corners. I don't want any metal trim to show either. Because they are narrowish at 50mm any overlap in the internal corners will show up and I want it to look neat. How do you guys do this? I presume with a spacer. Please help as I have 36hrs to give precise location of studwall. Cheers Olly

Reaction score
Client here. Having an ensuite made and need to decide on exact bathroom width. Crucial to this is how you do internal corners perfectly?? Tiles are 250x50mm, 8mm thick planning a 2mm grout. I want stacked vertical pattern and I want a whole tile meeting whole tile in the internal corners. I don't want any metal trim to show either. Because they are narrowish at 50mm any overlap in the internal corners will show up and I want it to look neat. How do you guys do this? I presume with a spacer. Please help as I have 36hrs to give precise location of studwall. Cheers Olly

Reaction score
Hi Olly,

This is all something you need to specify to your builder or tiler onsite. As long as they have a few tiles so they can set out accurately they should be able to accommodate you.
One thing to note - what you're describing needs the walls to be perfectly plumb - to the mm - which isn't normally the case even for newly constructed walls. My advice would be to consider a 10mm tolerance in your design.

Reaction score
Hi Olly,

This is all something you need to specify to your builder or tiler onsite. As long as they have a few tiles so they can set out accurately they should be able to accommodate you.
One thing to note - what you're describing needs the walls to be perfectly plumb - to the mm - which isn't normally the case even for newly constructed walls. My advice would be to consider a 10mm tolerance in your design.
Thanks for the reply and advice. I'm trying to get hold of the tiler whose doing job to go through it. No point asking my builder because he is asking me. If it needs to be precise then why do I need to add 10mm tolerance? Wouldn't that make it imprecise?
Olly

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and advice. I'm trying to get hold of the tiler whose doing job to go through it. No point asking my builder because he is asking me. If it needs to be precise then why do I need to add 10mm tolerance? Wouldn't that make it imprecise?
Olly
The point is that the walls will not be precise to the millimetre. It just wont happen. They never are. If you ask your builder to do it, they might tell you they will, but they wont. And then it's the poor tilers fault when it dosen't work out. Allowing for that tolerance will save you a whole lot of heartache later on

Reply to Perfect vertically stacked internal corners in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks