Discuss outside tile work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, I'm about to tile the back wall in split faced tiles with no grout. Just a bit worried as its outside and will get wet. Is there a danger that water could get behind the tiles and if it freezes will blow the tile off ? Is there a sealer I could use and if so what do you recommend.
Thanks in advance
Mark

Image-14.jpeg

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Concrete coping or similar with a decent projection at wall head. To seal tiles, you could bed And joint around the tiles with a colour matched adhesive/sealant , something like sikaflex. You may also have to consider moisture penetrating the wall from ground/soil .

Reply to outside tile work in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
I could use some help from everyone! The floor mosaic tile was recently retiled over a tile-redi...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I have a small shower tray that has 4 upstands and the tiles placed on top. The gap...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22