Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Opus Romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bluebhuoy

I have been asked to tile a hall 5mt x 4mt in an Opus Romano pattern, there are three different sized tiles, any idea where to start :huh2:

G

GazTech

Welcome to the forums blu,
If you have a pattern layout, draw it out onto paper at scale 1:20.
Take a piece of tracing paper and draw your hallway to the same scale. Place the hallway plan over the top of the tile grid paper and position it so it looks best, take your starting point from there.....Gaz

don't know if this is your pattern, but it will be similar
gaztech-albums-various-picture1505-pattern34rtpic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Branty

I thought this was opus romano. 4 different tiles, in a 12 tile pattern.
ParkLodgefloor2.jpg

Opus%20Romano%20%5BConverted%5D-1.jpg

lrg_img_opus.jpg

B

Branty

After searching the net, it seems opus romano is a generic term for any multi tile pattern

W

wetdec

After searching the net, it seems opus romano is a generic term for any multi tile pattern

You are right however the original Opus Romano standard was 4 sizes, 60x40, 40x40, 40x20, 20x20 anything else is really a 3 size pattern ( a real one cant be seen to repeat)

Limestone is being sold with a larger 60x60 init but its not seen often and usually antiqued.

Anything with a 30 x30 init is made up for customer pleaseing and usually involves slate.

wetdecs-opus-plan.gif

S

sibs

:rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4::rolleyes4: looks easy enough:whatchutalkingabout :lol:

T

tubs

Got some photos of a kitchen/utiltity floor I did a few months back, got the pics on photobucket but have tried and cant seem to post them !!

W

wetdec

French pattern is just a name some distributors have given it Opus Romano means Roman Composition or Roman design which is the actual layout if you like.

Thers no travertine in france lol

D

DHTiling

No probs..just my tile pattern sheets have it down as a french pattern.....but whatever it is a nice patterned effect when done...i have this pattern on my floor ( kitch)..

G

GazTech

You are right however the original Opus Romano standard was 4 sizes, 60x40, 40x40, 40x20, 20x20 anything else is really a 3 size pattern ( a real one cant be seen to repeat)

Limestone is being sold with a larger 60x60 init but its not seen often and usually antiqued.

Anything with a 30 x30 init is made up for customer pleaseing and usually involves slate.

wetdecs-opus-plan.gif

I also thought that opus was those sizes.....the Romana tile co supplied Topps with opus romana chiselled edged travertine in those very sizes.....Gaz

Reply to Opus Romano in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks