Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss oops bad grouting... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

KateJ

Sorry its me again - will go away eventually..

Just inspected brown grout in shower and I did a bad job. Gaps everywhere - I must get better light in there. Should I scratch some of it out with a stanley knife and reapply or just reapply on top?
I suspect its needs to grip a rough surface to adhere well.

FYI its BAL Micromax.

xx

T

Tile Shop

you "should" be ok, just filling the gaps in. but if in doubt get a grout rake, file some away (only down by 1-2mm) and go over everything again to keep the colour consistent. It doesn't need to be rough, just clean and dust free.

K

KateJ

you "should" be ok, just filling the gaps in. but if in doubt get a grout rake, file some away (only down by 1-2mm) and go over everything again to keep the colour consistent. It doesn't need to be rough, just clean and dust free.
What would I do without you guys????????????xxxx

K

KateJ

Photos of finished job will be posted in due course. Brown grout shows all the uneven tiles on bumpy walls. You'll laugh your head off.

Reply to oops bad grouting... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks