Discuss Online store for hardibacker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

robbieee

Is there an online retailer that i can get all this delivered:

1. Cement board (which would be most suitable for floor onto of chipboard for 8mm ceramic??). Also can i get away with just screwing this down? rather than sticking it down?
  2. Water resistant ply (just need 2 sheets for around the bath)
  3. Good floor adhesive (which one?) (will i need a primer for the cement board?)

Looking for an online retailer that can delivery. Toppstiles are saying that they cant supply hardbacker board to their store as it has to be in sheets of 100 haha!

Hope some of you kind fellows can help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Mr Tiler

im asking just in case he has put them in order of what he is going to do... mind you I doubt he would put the adhesive on last and the tile under the ply...ive just got in. ive had a drink. so ignore me haha!

S

Stef

Is there an online retailer that i can get all this delivered:

1. Cement board (which would be most suitable for floor onto of chipboard for 8mm ceramic??). Also can i get away with just screwing this down? rather than sticking it down?
  2. Water resistant ply (just need 2 sheets for around the bath)
  3. Good floor adhesive (which one?) (will i need a primer for the cement board?)

Looking for an online retailer that can delivery. Toppstiles are saying that they cant supply hardbacker board to their store as it has to be in sheets of 100 haha!

Hope some of you kind fellows can help!!!

Where abouts in the "West Coast" are you?

I dont know why Topps are telling you that.

You should always glue & screw Hardie backer.

Why the ply round the bath? Are you boxing in the bath & tiling the panel? Use Hardie for this & do away with the ply.

R

robbieee

Sorry i didn't mean water resistant ply, i meant water resistant plasterboard for the bath....

I am in greenock, that's what the guy from my local store said :-(

So i definately have to glue it down... What happens if I have to take it up again? Do u need to prime hardie backer? Where would I get it from? 6mm for both floor and bath frame?

What adhesive do u need to use to stick the hardie backer down with? Need special screws?

S

Stef

Sorry i didn't mean water resistant ply, i meant water resistant plasterboard for the bath....

I am in greenock, that's what the guy from my local store said :-(

So i definately have to glue it down... What happens if I have to take it up again? Do u need to prime hardie backer? Where would I get it from? 6mm for both floor and bath frame?

What adhesive do u need to use to stick the hardie backer down with? Need special screws?

Glue & Screw Hardie, prime the floor with primer (not PVA) mix up rapid set flexi adhesive & stick it down.
Go to ScrewFix & get Turbo Gold 25mm screws.

Try CTD, Helen street, down by Ibrox.
Not sure if they are open today but you could give it a try. Topps have a branch straight across the road.

If you can, use 12mm hardie for round the bath.

Use the same adhesive to stick your tiles down.

R

robbieee

So I prime the underside of the hardie backer? What's a good primer?

What's the biggest tops in Glasgow? Think they will keep the boards in stock?

Sorry for all the questions lol

S

Stef

Topps should have Hardie in stock in all stores, Hillington or Helen St.

I use weber pr360, ask in store & they will give you the appropriate primer for your adhesive.

R

robbieee

I dont have the adhesive for the floor yet.

I have already tiled the walls and used keraflex maxi s1. So looking for a suggestion for a good floor adhesive + primer.

Reply to Online store for hardibacker in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay