Search the forum,

Discuss Nicobond rapidflex/primer/sbr? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

tweakyboy

Hi guys,

Just need a bit of information on this product.

I ordered some brick slips for inside my fire place, the company selling them recommended they were fixed with nicobond rapid flex.

What I'm doing is dabbing out (more of a solid bed) with NMP inside the fireplace to give me a decent flat surface, this is being fixed with tilemaster ultimate.

How ever NMP say that it should be sealed with 3/1 SBR then tile, but nicobond say to use their primer on the substrate.

Will it be ok to use the SBR and not the nicobond primer? If the SBR isn't ok, could I use tilemaster prime plus as I have enough left from the floor? It's only 1.4m2.

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

Either will be fine, but manufacturers always say to use their own primers (understandably so as they are designed to be compatible and will be required to honour any guarantee). The prime plus is an SBR anyway, just green and given a fancy name. The Nicobond primer is an acrylic primer and is of course the recommended option as far as the adhesive is concerned. My choice would be to use up the prime plus ;)

T

tweakyboy

It was just the fact that you are using NMP, is it fixed with the foam....

I'm fixing with Tilemaster Ultimate as I have about 15kg left over, will end up fixing with screws into the brickwork once its hardened up.

I have got 2 sheets of hardibacker which I could use but its not recommended to fix it in that style. Hence the reason for using the NMP as you are able to.

Reply to Nicobond rapidflex/primer/sbr? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen