Search the forum,

Discuss Nicobond glitter grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

GoneGuy

hi all,
I've had a quick search on the forum and no posts relating to this.
Basically my customer messaged me an hour ago to say he's getting floor tiles from N&c bathrooms and he wants grey grout with glitter in it. ( I'm supposed to be laying them tomorrow)
I've told him he would have to pay for my tools as the glitter would contaminate them and he has offered to buy new tools to use as he wants to do the walls with the same grout after the kitchen has been fitted.
So has anyone used nicobond epoxy with glitter ? Any tips ?

B

Blunt Tool

hi all,
I've had a quick search on the forum and no posts relating to this.
Basically my customer messaged me an hour ago to say he's getting floor tiles from N&c bathrooms and he wants grey grout with glitter in it. ( I'm supposed to be laying them tomorrow)
I've told him he would have to pay for my tools as the glitter would contaminate them and he has offered to buy new tools to use as he wants to do the walls with the same grout after the kitchen has been fitted.
So has anyone used nicobond epoxy with glitter ? Any tips ?
You treat it just the same as any other epoxy grout, your tools will wash if you clean them every mix, just the sponges will be contaminated but just get plenty of the 4 for a pound from Tesco ( the cellulose sponge cloths) and just throw out every bucket of clean water. You would be best to do a return visit day after grouting and final clean with Mapei epoxy cleaner.

G

GoneGuy

Well we all like new sponges.

I just thought that if it had glitter in it that it would get everywhere and be a nightmare to wash off my tools?

Reply to Nicobond glitter grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen