Search the forum,

Discuss New project at home here ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Save all the pallets from your deliveries!!

And don't worry about being a pikey going through skips for wood :sofahide:

D

Deleted member 9966

Dave

I've been looking at doing the same thing, but in a built-up conurbation that I live in, I'll be hard pushed to get the relevant planning permission for a flue on the outside of my house. Nothing that a move out into the rural countryside won't fix ;)

Anyways, a mate of mine lives in the Peak District. His words of wisdom are (because he has a wood burning stove in his house because they do suffer terribly from getting snowed in up there) is research carefully, and pick the best stove you can afford. If you can, also get one you can stick a kettle on top of to heat water just in case of power outtages, but that really depends on how rural you are.

I've been looking at AGA's, Stanley's and Rayburns, wood burning to run a central heating system as well as cooking. it's a pipe dream at the moment, one for the lottery win or a substantial move out into the rural.

Reply to New project at home here ! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen