Search the forum,

Discuss new product for chipboard floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I just looked at this on tinternet.

If you are using a decoupling mat then I am not saying it wont work cos it will but then so will pretty much any other tile adhesive. On the other hand if you use a gypsum based adhesive then you don't need to worry about decoupling or epoxy primers anyway.

I will be geting some more details though.

Unfortunatley for them it seems the vast majority of pro tilers will not touch tubbed adhesives.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Personally wouldn't touch any tubbed floor gear, but if it's says it would work on the side and it doesn't, why would they tell porkies.

And here's something that puzzles me, if RSF doesn't adhere well enough to hold tiles, how can it fix decoupling membranes well enough??

It generally does not matter if you get some delamination of a decoupling mat because it is stable enough without full adhesion to the substrate.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire

Reply to new product for chipboard floors in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.