Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss NETT Business Course in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi All
Darren here from NE Tiling,
I was thinking of running a one off business sales course for a tiler, it would be for a full day.

Having the tiling skills aint enough, you need to know how to sell your services to your customers, make sure you win the quotation, maximise your earnings and know how to expand your business potential.

I know lots of good tradesman that are skint and lots of tradesman that are OK tilers that are wealthy, there has to be a difference. The difference is one knows how to make money, the other one doesnt.

Ive been in business now for over 22 years and understand why things work and why they dont,

If you take a normal company that sells things, there will allways be a salesman that is top every month and the salesman that is struggling at the bottom every month, Its because the top seller knows what he is doing and knows how to deal with people and maximise profits and close the sale down

Anyone that has been on my course has had a taste of my straight to the point, no bull business sugestions on the first Monday morning of the course, this has everyone changing their views on how they can make money from tiling

Remember you have to be a salesman first tiler second.

No sale, no customer, no work, no money

I have pre typed up about 30 pages of topics with bullet point answers that will change the way you look at your business and POTENTIAL customers, a truely motivating day

Anyone that would be interested just leave your expresion of interest below, if there is enough i can book a room out at the centre in the new year, costs probably £100 for the day

Regards
Darren :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

Am surprised you don't get a bigger response, your business advise on the tiling course was great, people could do worse than attend - if I was more tiler than artist I would certainly think about it. :thumbsup:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Gisela
Im not sure if im going to run it, depends on the interest, people come into the tiling world from other jobs and think they can succeed, i will say this again there is more to tiling than tiling, you need to know how to run a business and make money, if your not from a sales background they will simply not know what they are missing with a good grounding in sales and your tiling will strugle as you wont have any customers, i keep trying to help people make their businesses successful, thats why i come accross as pasionate as i do whilst training.

If i dont run the course for whatever reason, Advice to you all, if you want to further your tiling business, start reading books or try and reasurch how to sell, I have trainined thousands of people now over the last 6 years in tiling and i can tell pretty much now within the first 2 hours of the course who has a chance and who hasnt, got nothing to do with what level of tiling skill they end up with

I had a look at your post Gisela before about you thinking your an idiot on pricing jobs (being a bit harsh on yourself), its not that you are you just have to learn how to run a business and understand your customers.

Send me a pm if you still have issues with how to price for unknown work and i will help you out
We are finished now for the xmas hols so taking some nice time off with the family, back open on 4th Jan with the courses, Jan nearly booked up so looking forward to new faces coming
Best of luck to you all for the New year
Regards
Darren

Last edited:
U

user123

How to price for unknown work, that sounds a very useful starting point, I'd be an idiot not to take you up on it, thanks Darren. :) I will talk to you in January, have a great Christmas break, and a happy New Year. :)

Anyone who does not know Darren, take it from me, he does understand his business as much as he is passionate about giving the best and succinct information, and information is always useful, whether you apply it at any one time or not, at least you can make a more educated choice. A brilliant teacher. :thumbsup:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks John, I can see that you can see past the price of the course, 100 quid is nothing to the thousands of pounds of new business that can be generated from the right guidence and know how, anyone interested in this course you can email me at my work email with your details at [email protected] if there is enough people i will find the time somewhere to run the course

The reason why a lot of businesses fail is because they have no direction or knowledge from the start, its easy to make excuses like recesion, too much competition, not enough work, when really its down to how hungry you are for success and knowing how to think outside the box, there is still a lot of money out there getting spent, just look how much will be spent at the sales in the next week or so, probably billions of pounds so people have the money, you just have to think of different angles on making your business work for you.

Diamond training have gone bust (probably blaming the recesion) however we are nearly full for January and half full for Feb, its down to how you run your business, knowledge you have in your head, how you think things out and by delivering a quality service to your customers, we are not the cheapest training provider for courses but what you can expect is nothing but 100 % commitment from me to deliver what you need to know.

Hope all you tilers have a good 2011
Regards
Darren

Reply to NETT Business Course in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks