Search the forum,

Discuss mosaics kitchen splashback question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hey up.

Basicall a friend wants me to do their kitchen splashback with mosaics. They have bought them already. They are 12 by 12 but they want me to cut them in half. They have 2 sheets so that will be 4 peices to stick on the wall in one long row.

Just some advice and tips as to how to stick these on correctly as ive not really had experience of them also I have some green tub BAL ready mixed will this be ok and BAL white grout aswell/. OR do i use special stuff?

thanks

M

mikethetile

I would use masaic fix and a 4mm notch trowel

greenstar is not suitable for fixing mosaics

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Make sure you use a float or something flat to press them onto the wall with, and not just your hands which ends up getting messy and uneven.

But yeah, as above with the adhesive selection. I'd avoid green star on any application, minimum blue or white.... though my preference now would be a mapei adhesive based on price and quality. BAL is expensive.

C

charlie1

Most importantly with mosaics, a lot of the work is in the prep of the substraight, make sure your wall is perfectly straight as they will follow the contour of the wall as it will highlight any flaws!

Good luck

M

mikebidd

I will avoid mentioing names but i was told you stuck mosaics down with silicone is this wrong?

Reply to mosaics kitchen splashback question in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen