Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic splash back and ceramic field tile questions! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

59peejay

Hi folks have a few q's regarding my own kitchen job just starting,i am doing a 800mm wide by 1500mm high splashback above the hob in linear mosaics each mosaic is 10mmx50mm on 30x30cm sheets they are a mixture of glass and natural stone,although i thought they were all glass when i bought them!(bnq site tells me they are this mix)there are some black,greyish,shiney speckled silver and a coffee colour which could be the stone although i don't know what stone,here's a link.
Colours Grey Linear Stone And Glass Mosiac Wall Tile, 300×300mm, 5397007009330
Going away from these are cream ceramic 300mmx100mm tiles probably brick bond.,can you tell me,
1.what adhesive for both types,i tend to use mapei stuff and believe i could use p9 or p10 ?, you guys know better than me.
2.what colour grout or grouts,if you recomend 2 colours where do i change from one to the other?.
3.Going away from the straight lines of the mosaics in brick bond one tile will obviously be cut in half with a flat sharp edge the next full tile above will have a slightly rounded edge where the glaze falls away down the edge,would you suggest taking a little off the full tile to give it a matching sharp edge or just leave it?.
4.I have some LTP mattstone left over from my bathroom can i use it to seal the grout on the splashback to help with food splashes or do i need a special grout sealer?.Thanx for reading this,look forward to your replies.
Forgot to add wall is plaster skimmed unpainted which will be preped using primer g.

Reply to Mosaic splash back and ceramic field tile questions! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen