Currently reading:
Metal trim with glass mosaic tiles

Discuss Metal trim with glass mosaic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Trebor62

Hi there, everyone need a bit of help. I am putting up glass mosaic tiles in a friends kitchen, they are quite thin and he has got me a load of chrome edging or trim, which is 6mm. However the tiles are only about 3-4mm in thickness, now should they be level with the edge of the trim or are they ok having a slight lip over the edge of them. If they need to be level then i will have to raise the tiles a couple of mil. I have seen pictures online of tiles with metal edging and they seem to be inside the lip and not level with it. Any ideas on what i should do would be appreciated.

Reply to Metal trim with glass mosaic tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.