Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss little hallway i have done in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mr Tiler

1461392_190603457795313_1444758473_n.jpg there you go guys tiled the floor sanded door down re-painted and put the new sign on... and also fitted new door step need to go back and repair the bottom of doorway as its rotted out il do that when I go back to do there splash ;)

M

Mr Tiler

i did centre the room when i was setting out but move the tiles around so there was a nice big cut where the front door is mate. would t of looked better centred you think mate? thanks

A

AMtek

I would have centered on the door as well, is that a cut at the door or a full tile? Possibly could have balanced the cuts at the door and back wall a bit more

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good.

I might have pulled it towards the door more, so the cut at the door was about the same as the cut at the back. Not sure without looking at it though, as it then would have made the cut behind the door smaller and that might not have looked as centre as we'd assume only seeing it at the door.

Sort of personal preference that, there's nowt wrong with it either way per se.

Looks good to me.

Are those tiles procelain glazed or ceramic?

G

Gazzer

Can you tone the paint down on the wall ? I aint got my sunglasses on today......ahh thats better :coolgleamA:

M

Mr Tiler

I would have centered on the door as well, is that a cut at the door or a full tile? Possibly could have balanced the cuts at the door and back wall a bit more

no mate not a full tile from the door just over 3 quarters mate. rite next to the door on the left is a double doorway so istead of having a slither running into the doorway I moved the tiles backward from the centre a bit so there was a nice cute running into the door also doing so centred the double doorway so yeh I sacrificed the centre of the room to centre both doorways thanks for the feedback guys ;)

M

Mr Tiler

Are those tiles procelain glazed or ceramic?

porcelain mate only problem really was that I have a crappy blade on my grinder so it was chipping away at the edge of the tile when I was cutting so I just gave the cuts a once over when I cut them

S

Stef

porcelain mate only problem really was that I have a crappy blade on my grinder so it was chipping away at the edge of the tile when I was cutting so I just gave the cuts a once over when I cut them

Ash, don't you have a manual cutter?

M

Mr Tiler

Well done tea bag ,looks grand ! Did you enjoy doing it?

hi mate thanks yeh I did always love tiling that's why i want to make a career of it more preffer walls than floors but I think that is just because I have a shoddy pair of kneepads and they throb for the rest of the day lol. cheers

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, got you.. Thought you were cutting everything with a grinder.

nah mate I love using the grinder though for some weird reason probably knowing one false move and il be missing a finger pmsl

Reply to little hallway i have done in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks