Discuss Limestone Patio Pricing in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Customer has one of those townhouses where the bottom floor is dug into the ground so the patio at the rear has steps leading up to the garden which is on the same level as the first floor. The existing patio is 10m2and there are 9 steps to the garden and they add another 8m2. The patio and steps have been laid with those horrible fake indian sandstone concrete slabs meaning all the joints are really wide.
Job is to take up the existing (customer won't accept going over) and to tile with 30mm thick limestone from Mandarin Stone. He also wants an aco drain at rear for drainage which can be fed into a manhole and which he also wants tiled. I'm going to need a skip and unfortunately there is no rear or side access so everything has to come through the house.

I realise its difficult to quote without seeing the job and I've got no pics cos left my phone at home when i went to look at it. I'm only looking for rough ideas....I'm based in the South East (Thanet) and the customer knows it ain't gonna be cheap. I'm thinking of going in at £3,000 which includes labour, materials and waste. Appreciate your thoughts cheers

D

Dumbo

To be honest I would its say not for me .
I'm sorry it's not helpfull but that's my view .

Reaction score
Not sure how big the slabs are? But at 30mm thick could be a 2 man job laying those. Also limestone can be a real pig to grout, seal first and better to spend a day plus grouting (being as clean and meticulous as possible) then to spend half a day grouting and 2 days cleaning, removing haze with nothing but elbow grease, talking from experience btw. All the best

T

Time's Ran Out

We don’t discuss prices in this section of the forum.
Ask for advice and other information and it will be answered.
You could contact a member by PM from your area and they may be able to give an indication of costings for you.

Reply to Limestone Patio Pricing in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks