Search the forum,

Discuss levelling hardie backer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Alphadock

Evening all,
I have a shower to do in an old farm house, the builder has screwed hardie backer to the studs. But, the studs aren't plumb or straight. The customer has chosen 60x120 tiles so I need to render the wall flat before fixing. I don't have the skills, tools or time to fix furrings to the studs to sort them out.
So, look for advice as to what would be best to render over the hardie back?
I'll probably end up using adhesive, but it doesn't strike off very well.
Thanks in advance

A

Alphadock

I've used the one kerakoll make for the floor, liked that a lot. If a bit pricey.

Timeless John, yes, ideally it would of been sorted before. But I'm sure you've heard the old saying "the tiler will get over that".
Time wise it will be far quicker to render it than sort the studs out, it's also something I can do, rather than rely on someone else.

Bri, haven't seen it yet. Just been pre warned, so not sure. There was tiled walls there before, on lath and plaster, so hopefully not too dramatic.

Bonding compound is a no no, what's everones thoughts on hardwall?

A

Alphadock

I'm sometimes tempted to do a proper rough job, then tell them it's ok, the painter will get over it.
This time, however, I can get over it.
I will be rendering it if needed, the question is what with?
Not too sure if I can get hold of kerakoll quick enough, but it would be perfect.

H

Handyeire

What about throwing some bonding over it thou make sure its completely dry before tiling over it because you need to let the moisture out of it before tiling

Reply to levelling hardie backer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen