Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling floor whole house in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi - some four bathrooms down and feeling pretty confident. So - now my son wants me to level his entire ground floor with varying thicknesses of marmox boards 6mm - 20mm to insulate a bit and to cover existing and incomplete "rubber" tiles - which are possibly containing asbestos so I'd rather just cover them up.
I have used marmox before so am Ok with laying them - the difficulty is in estimating quantities for different thicknesses - how do you measure levels across three rooms?

Thanks

Reaction score
There are ragged and broken fibre / plastic tiles down . Assessment indicates probably contain asbestos.
The variation in hight between rooms is probably 6" back to front.

aussie tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you need to go around with laser or water level and mark on floor different depths.
Then you could work out how many you need of each thickness. Then self level over top as floor needs to be bang on for plank tiles. Hope that helps :)

Reply to Levelling floor whole house in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen