Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

Is that Monopoly money?
upload_2017-11-24_20-31-33.jpeg

no john, this is to play Monopoly.

W

WetSaw

At least if the UK starts running out of money we can print some more, we don't have to wait for Germany to lend us some...

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Learnt a few hard lessons today, don’t use the clip and wedge system especially the clips that are acting as the spacer (2mm or 3mm) on ceramic tiles ( the ones I was doing were 900x400x15mm) as chipped quite a few of them depegging. Ceramics are too soft so found if I use the thin Rubi quick system they don’t touch the edges of tiles so don’t chip when depegging. A few bob and time to fix!! Even when using the clips and wedges on porcelain I would suggest using clips thinner than the thickness of joint you intend using and using spacers instead! Me I think I’ll stick to the Rubi quick system!

Always use spacers and thin clips as they are a ***** to get out,learned that one a long time ago

Reaction score
How can you make a bowed tile make a flat floof ,impossible,we all know there are alot of rubbish tiles out there and a lot of customers buy them ,no clips whatsoever will make them flat

Levelling clips are able to force a tile to straighten up while the adhesive sets, yes it’s not totally fool proof but sometimes a tile will not look right especially if they are brick bonded or wood planks if you don’t use levelling clips

Reply to Levelling clips are a load of tosh? Really? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen