Discuss Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com.

I have read through a load of old posts on the same subject so sorry to drag it up again but I have recently bought a dewalt https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-dw088k-self-levelling-line-laser/38474
and I was surprised how wide the line is and not that fussed on the red laszer, I had expected the beam to be a more thin and precice line?
I have spotted this Bosch version too with a green lazer https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-0603..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=Z2EH4NY32BM065KXWMYR
abd wondered if anyone has any experience of them?

There seems to be a big step up in price from these to the models I have seen some of you guys recommend and I am very interested what the difference would be in jumping up to double or even quadruple the cost, are they really night and day better?

Cheers

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Only thing with that is I have gone all Makita for battery and charger simplicity, how thick would you say the line was on a wall etc and does it keep a consistant thickness over distance?
I was hoping to find something that accepts AA etc batteries

F

Flintstone

I also have the green DeWalt laser above and it totally changed my tiling life. I've achieved things I would never acheive with just spirit levels. For a professional tiler with many years of work, I always try and invest in the best I can. The cheap lasers aren't accurate enough either.
Using the laser this week I have been preparing a floor for underfloor heating and it was terrible, as much as 35mm out of level across a large room of over 30sqm. I've got the floor level to within 2mm. You can't do that with a spirit level

I

Italy

the thinnest green I've seen is the bosch gll3 80 green.
3 visibility settings.
this is the difference between the bosch with the second light setting
and one stabila, distant 50cm from the wall

20180616_064707.jpg

I also have the green DeWalt laser above and it totally changed my tiling life. I've achieved things I would never acheive with just spirit levels. For a professional tiler with many years of work, I always try and invest in the best I can. The cheap lasers aren't accurate enough either.
Using the laser this week I have been preparing a floor for underfloor heating and it was terrible, as much as 35mm out of level across a large room of over 30sqm. I've got the floor level to within 2mm. You can't do that with a spirit level

Did you use the reciever and a staff to do that?

W

Waluigi

The red DeWalt you have purchased is accurate to .3mm over a meter, so over a room of 8m you could be out by 2.5mm

Pretty much similar to spirit levels.

I’m basing this on an average Bathroom (the only tiling I do) being about 8 linear metres on the horizontal plane and being about 1 to 3mm out if I draw a level line around the room.

Anyway, great advise on the Dewalt Gents. Looks like I might need to go shopping. Any places that sell it over the counter?

The red DeWalt you have purchased is accurate to .3mm over a meter, so over a room of 8m you could be out by 2.5mm

Been using it some more today and like a lot of things it takes time to get used to a new tool.
One of the things that frustrated me at first was the tripod wouldn't go low enough to get the first row of cut tiles set, but I took the level of the tripod and set it with boxes of tiles and am much happier now, yes the beam is a bit wider than I expected, but I have got used to catching the bottom edge of the line, also it makes reading the tape much easier as it illuminates the measurement.

I can see the benefit for the more expensive levels that throw lines fore and aft for setting out a room square, quicker and green lines being easier to see, but I think this will do me afterall, just need a more suitable tripod.

I’m basing this on an average Bathroom (the only tiling I do) being about 8 linear metres on the horizontal plane and being about 1 to 3mm out if I draw a level line around the room.

Anyway, great advise on the Dewalt Gents. Looks like I might need to go shopping. Any places that sell it over the counter?

The one I got was from Screwfix as they had it in stock on a Sunday!

H

hmtiling

https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-...er/9819k#product_additional_details_container

Reply to Lazer levels looking to retire the spirit level :) in the Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

S
Newbie In Trouble I tiled on top of old tiles using the attached readymade adhesive as...
Replies
Views
D
Just bought some of these .... good price and joiner on site today swears by them .. >>>> 10x...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G

Tiling Tool Popular Threads

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the Tiling Tools category on TilersForums.com. Find the correct trowels to use with which type of tiling. Find advice on lash clips and levelling systems and more. Our rubi tiling tools and Tile cutters. Sigma tiling tool manufacturer and much much more.